McAfee released a SuperDat recently that screwed up alot of people’s computers. It removed a critical Windows file from computers that it mistakenly identified as a Virus. So, in the meantime, my McAfee stopped working (which, I did not, at first, realize). I wasn’t able to get consistant Internet connectivity (no wireless at all – but sometimes I could get on with a LAN line (sometimes). Came to find out that this was the first sign that a Trojan got on my system.
At work, I read all the McAfee forums and heard about others experiences and read McAfee’s support pages to figure out what to do. Eventually I did get connected to the Internet and loaded the new SuperDat, but the damage was already dome. The Trojan had already affected my Windows funtionality and completely crippled my ability to get online.
Intalled the XP reinstallation CD, but can not “reactivate” it because Micosoft (pure evil) requires you to activate XP online… which I can not do because The Trojan that McFee “let” slip by messed everything up.
So, in other words: LOSE-LOSE!
To sum it all up for you:
McAfee: FAIL! FAIL!